Friday, November 22, 2013

Lunenburg County Christmas Ornament Factory - First Kiln Unloading Part 1

So my firing of all those ornaments went pretty well, and I've decided to come up with a label.  Lunenburg County is the Christmas Tree Capital of the World so I figured why not include the name in a new brand, so, introducing:

"Lunenburg County Christmas Ornament Factory"

Here's the first pic, a Buff Orpington stoneware chicken, I'll add more pics to this post later!


 Ok, it's Nov 23 and I'm adding more pics.

I'm very excited about my new 'brand' which I launched today at Swoon Fine Art's 3rd annual Christmas Tree Ornament Party/Sale.  I didn't make it in for the sale, so I'm not sure if any of these have been sold yet but below are pics of ornaments I took there.  There was more in this firing though, so I'll take more pics within the new few days. 

Thanks to Evgenia Makogon for taking pics and making this photo-collage for me!  Evgenia was at Swoon on Friday too, dropping off some beautiful miniature paintings for the Ornament sale. 

Me under the tree of ornaments...


 And now a whole pile of pics I took yesterday morning; this isn't even everything that went to Swoon as there are also a few foxes and squirrels I took there.  The price point on these are $18 or $22.  I took the pics before putting on the wires and labels, part of my new campaign to photograph things before they sell and I forget what they look like Plus I'm so excited to see how my work will evolve over time. For some of these ornaments I photographed the fronts as well as the backs.

Bears, the blue scarfed one was supposed to reference one of the Sochi mascots but I didn't use quite the right colour...

Blue Jay

Donkey

Hens

Cardinal
Ermine

Duckling

Doves

Frog


Horses

Owl in Santa Hat, I really like this one!

Carved up Dove, I like how the carving turned out!

Little Christmas Rat (or mouse if rats gross you out)


White Rabbit and Squirrel

Pug
Yellow Horse
White Wolf

Unicorn! I love this one!

turtle
tiger cub


Sheep! this is a new design, I've made and sold a lot of suffolk sheep with black heads and legs, but I think these will show up better on the tree. the carving is new too!

Big fat Great White Christmas Shark.



No comments:

Post a Comment