Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Little Lobster #1 - Ivany Sunshine






MyLittleLobster - IvanySunshine from My Little Lobster on Vimeo.


This is the first ever video for a "My Little Lobster"  - Ivany Sunshine.  This lobster was named for the Ivany Report which has been referred to quite a bit in the Halifax Chronicle Herald over the past few months.  My understanding from what I've read is the gist of the report is the economy in this province is very poor and people need to do something asap. 

I hope viewers see this lobster as having a cheerful, positive, creativity-promoting message while he poses against some of the fine scenery of the Lunenburg area.

The lyrics for the song are:

My Little Lobster, Ivany Sunshine
Wants to raise Nova Scotia's GDP
My Little Lobster, Ivany Sunshine
Made from Chronicle Herald's sustainably

Ivany Sunshine will be arriving at Jenny Jib, on the afternoon of Friday August 1st, he's made out of papier mache, painted with acrylic paint and varnish, and is $160cdn.  Unfortunately he isn't weather proof and so should not be left outdoors for extended periods of time.

This particular lobster also inspired this poem, which explains a bit of the backstory of this whole project:  My Little Lobster.  This poem is based loosely on one of my favourite poems, Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven


Before his video shoot Ivany Sunshine did a little walking tour of Lunenburg, here are some photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment